Do you have a summer bucket list? It can be a fun way to try to accomplish some of your hopes for the season. I’ve seen several floating around pinterest and some blogs, but I knew that mine wouldn’t fit in any of their parameters, so I thought I would write out my own for our family!
- a trip to the river
- a picnic in a cool spot
- swimming (several times hopefully)
- a field trip to a neat location
- reading at least 3 books
- watch the fireworks on Independence Day weekend
- have a cookout
- go to the bookstore
- stay home on a rainy day and do nothing but play games
- rearrange my living room (I love doing this once or twice a year)
- make homemade ice cream
- go bowling
- make a homemade slip-n-slide
- can veggies
- pick our berries and make jam
- identify at least 10 birds at our bird feeders
- do a science experiment (one a month would be great!)
- go watch a sunset from on top of the mountain
- catch lightening bugs
- and ????
If we do these, great! If not, that’s ok too. These are just a few ideas I had to help us make the most of our summer and enjoy time with one another. I hope you make your summer special too!
Leave a Reply