For the last few years, our raised beds have been great additions to our homestead. One of the problems though, was the spaces in between the beds. Not hardly wide enough to get the mower in between, and kind of a pain to have to weed eat around. I decided I wanted to do something different.
It is a work in progress and I am not sure how long it will take us to finish it. Doing a little at a time so the $ isn’t overwhelming.
We laid down the black weed barrier and added the cheapest blocks we could find.
I got various sizes for a little bit of variety.
Hopefully this will help to eliminate the crabgrass that wants to creep up and over into our beds each year. WHAT A PAIN! We don’t use chemical pesticides, so that isn’t an option.
When we do use something to kill the weeds around the bed, we use vinegar.
Still, I believe this will help out a lot more.
Leave a Reply