- With Strawberries turning beautifully red around here lately, I thought this recipe would be a GREAT treat!
- You may ask why this recipe made the cut for my Homemade Convenience Foods Series.
- Well, in the busy-ness of everyone’s lives, it is so easy to run through a drive-thru and pick something up to eat. The sad fact is, yes it is easy… but it is so void of nutritional value and it is so unbelievable expensive that you could get the ingredients and make enough to feed your family twice for what you are paying for drive-thru and more than twice for a sit-down restaurant!
- Sorry for the rant. 🙂
- Anyways, Farmer’s Markets are brimming with goodness right now and this is an amazing salad you can prep and have ready for lunch in NO time!
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- 10 to 12-ounce baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 red/purple onion cut into rings
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- And if you like… some crumbed bleu cheese or goat cheese. Yes, please! 🙂
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
For more goodness check out the following link!
I linked up here!
4 Mom’s on Hospitalilty